Unconscious Bias – The Leaders Role
This highly interactive workshop session will explore:
• The ‘survival’ related importance of the pre-judging bias mechanism, & how to respond to it, not just react
• Managing the thoughts & emotions behind fears that result from bias, & how to own these feelings
• Understanding & being more conscious of your impact in the world, even before I’ve said or done anything!
• How to communicate more effectively to defuse bias & create true empathy
• What to do to avoid paying lip-service to being ‘politically correct’, and be true allies to others
Philip is creator of the ‘Change by choice’ methodology, an educator, consultant, mindfulness teacher and world-renowned facilitator of personal growth, interpersonal communication and relationships.
Over the last 30 years Philip has been enabling people to understand and accelerate their ‘personal development’, and this lifelong passion for self-understanding, inter-personal communication and relationships inspired him to create the Techniques for Living courses in order to share his wisdom and guidance with a wider online audience.
Philip led his first large-scale personal development seminar in 1986, and by 1990, delegates had asked him to take ‘What it is to be human including effective communication’ into the companies they worked for.
This led Philip to adapt the cutting-edge material and techniques used in the personal development seminars, making it more appropriate for bringing about change to managers, leaders and company culture.
For 30 years, through his change implementation company Harley-Young, Philip led cultural change programs in client companies that was choice-led, not imposed. The resultant level of engagement enabled change to stick.
This choice-led approach learned in his personal development days as applied to individuals, is something Philip is now returning to as society has changed such that there is increasingly little distinction between being an effective human being in the workplace or the non-workplace. Noticing this shift in attitudes to emotional intelligence, wellbeing and effective communication in all walks of life resulted in Techniques for Living.